Philadelphia Jobs With Justice is a grassroots coalition organization with a 20+ year history of fighting for justice for working people in Philadelphia, both on the job and in our communities. We believe in long-term multi-issue coalition building, grassroots base building, organizing, and strategic action as the foundation for building a workers’ movement. We believe that by engaging a broad community of allies, we can win bigger victories.
In 2022, Philly Jobs With Justice is launching a campaign to build worker power and fight for new workplace health and safety legislation in Philadelphia. The Mobilization Organizer will play a critical role in this campaign by recruiting and developing a cohort of activists, working in coalition with allied organizations, bottomlining logistics on actions and events, and executing a communications strategy. The Organizer will work closely with the Director and the Workplace Justice Organizer.
This position will include both remote and in-person activity as conditions allow. Candidates must be located in the greater Philadelphia area with the ability to travel throughout the city. Salary range for this position is $48,000-$52,000 with generous paid time off and medical and dental benefits.
- Working with the Director to develop and execute a plan to recruit a cohort of individual activists using a variety of tactics and strategies;
- Working with the director to coordinate a coalition of partner organizations;
- Planning and executing logistics on actions and events including rallies, press conferences, legislative hearings, and digital actions;
- Mobilizing individual activists and members of partner organizations for actions and events;
- Developing a comprehensive communications strategy including social media and press outreach;
- Minimum 2 years experience with campaign organizing, familiarity with worker organizing preferred;
- Demonstrated experience with communications strategies including social media and press outreach;
- Demonstrated experience with coalition organizing;
- Experience with social media platforms, primarily Facebook and Instagram;
- Access to a computer and competency with video communication platforms;
- Understanding of issues facing low wage workers;
- Strong facilitation skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures;
- Ability to balance multiple projects at once and set priorities based on long-term strategy and short-term goals;
- Ability to frame issues and fights as well as articulate organizational values, strategy, and priorities to diverse audiences;
- Flexible schedule and ability to work some nights and weekends as necessary.
How to apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “mobilization organizer application.” Applications will only be accepted electronically. Please include a daytime phone number and email where we can contact you. Interviews will take place on a rolling basis. Applications are due April 15st 2022.
Candidates must be fully vaccinated before beginning the position. Requests for accommodations may be submitted. Relocation funds available on a case-by-case basis. People of Color, People with Disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community strongly urged to apply.