We are seeking a field organizer to expand our work on an innovative warehouse and logistics worker organizing project. This organizer will be based in our Philadelphia office, but will be expected to travel regularly throughout Southeastern PA.
- Supporting the Director in developing an organizing plan;
- Recruiting new members through canvassing in neighborhoods, community events, and worksites;
- Planning and organizing membership activities, including leading workshops and meetings with members;
- Coordinating with partner organizations;
- Maintaining data tracking systems.
- 1-3 years organizing experience, with a particular emphasis on worker organizing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures;
- Flexibility to work an unpredictable work schedule, including some nights and weekends;
- Strong administrative and operations skills;
- Demonstrated communications skills, including press and social media;
- Experience in data tracking and online databases;
- A valid driver’s license and access to a car;
- A demonstrated alignment with Philadelphia Jobs With Justice’s values and mission;
- A strong commitment to worker justice and the labor movement.
- Oral and written fluency in both Spanish and English.
Starting salary is $40,000 depending on experience. Philadelphia Jobs With Justice offers a generous benefits package that includes paid vacation, sick leave, and medical and dental insurance.
Applications will only be accepted electronically. Email a resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. This position will remain open until filled.
FLSA Status: exempt
People of Color, Women, People with Disabilities, LGBTQ people, and people from working class backgrounds are strongly urged to apply.